The Computer Technician oversees all aspects of the repair and service of field Point of Sale (POS) and corporate PC components.
Enjoy working on-site at Shoe Carnival's Distribution Center located in Evansville, Indiana.
· Installs, configures and maintains the organization's desktop and POS hardware systems.
· Analyzes and resolves issues associated with desktop and POS hardware and software.
· Installs, configures and maintains an organization's POS system peripherals.
· Analyzes and resolve issues associated with POS system peripheral hardware and software.
· Performs desktop, laptop and peripheral repairs and may provide occasional end user support.
· Coordinates outsource vendor repairs, warranty repairs and exchanges and maintains depot equipment and parts inventories.
· Develops and maintains documentation pertaining to POS system configurations, POS hardware configurations, troubleshooting documentation, and user documentation.
· Associates in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
· 2 + year's desktop, laptop and peripheral diagnostic and repair experience required.
· Experience with 150 or more user environment, supporting technical aspects including: POS Printers, Scanners, Keyboards, RF Equipment, Network Topology, UNIX and Window Environments, MS Office, MS Outlook, and other desktop application preferred.
· Verifiable problem solving and time management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The job operates in an office environment.
This role routinely uses standard equipment such as a computer, copy/fax machine, and phone.
· Continuous periods of sitting to perform tasks at the computer.
· Ability to perform repetitive keying motions.
· Ability to read and understand email correspondence and reports.
· Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. to move computer equipment or supplies.
· Occasional periods of bending, stooping, kneeling, and crawling.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
Shoe Carnival, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.