Shoe Station has an immediate opening for a dynamic Copywriter to add to its already strong marketing team. We are looking for an energized, strategic thinking individual focused on helping to grow an already fun-loving brand based in our new headquarters (southern suburb of Charlotte, North Carolina). You must be a team collaborator with passion, insight, and ideation for Marketing.
This position will report to the corporate office on Monday through Thursday and work remotely on Friday from home.
The Copywriter works in conjunction with the Sr. Creative Manager as well as a talented team of designers, photographers, marketers, and external partners to research, develop and write sales and marketing copy in line with our brand voice.
· Completes product research and participates in brainstorm and ideation sessions both internally and externally with merchants and media channel owners.
· Creates engaging pieces of short and long-form content to include email content and subject lines, social media posts, blog content and website copy.
· Translates ideas across various media (TV/Video, Digital, Print, Experiential, Branded Content, Social).
· Works with graphic design team to produce standout and strategically focused concepts and campaigns that integrate the creative vision across concept, copy and visual. Assists Sr. Creative Manager in evaluating creative work products.
· Writes smart, sparkling, on-strategy copy, across a broad range of media.
· Grows with, learns from, and collaborates with the greater creative team, as well as a wide variety of other departments.
· Maintains and delivers standards for brand voice.
· Helps develop and review creative briefs that provide strategic insight and creative inspiration.
· Works independently, under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects.
· Bachelor's degree in English, journalism or another related field preferred.
· 2+ years of copywriting experience required.
· Strong portfolio that showcases highly conceptual abilities and excellent writing skills required.
· Must love to write and have the ability to create, understand and internalize a brand voice.
· Experience across multiple media (Digital, Print, Video, Branded Content, Social) that includes knowledge of basic content marketing principles, social media best practices/platforms, and Project Management required.
· Exceptional internal and external communication skills, ability to present and defend their work clearly and confidently.
· A positive attitude and a great sense of humor that relates to our fun-loving brand is a plus.
· The desire and ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team (designers, strategists and developers).
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
Shoe Carnival, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.