Shoe Carnival would like to welcome Shoe Station to the family! Learn More
The Freight Specialist, International manages import activities to ensure delivery expectations are achieved. This position is responsible for the development and execution of strategic inbound routing plans.
Use your international transportation experience to get our products from the factory to the vessel to the port to Evansville!
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Schedules all overseas shipments using the most cost-effective and time sensitive mode while ensuring adherence to all international shipping regulations.
· Identifies shipments at risk of service failure and works with internal and external teams to mitigate problems and ensure on time delivery.
· Monitors outstanding shipments to ensure pickups and deliveries are made as scheduled and contacts internal teams and vendors to resolve issues.
· Processes freight claims and chargebacks for international freight.
· Uses comprehensive knowledge of CTPAT to ensure internal and external partners are up to date on paperwork and meet and exceed CTPAT certification requirements.
· Works with Treasury and Merchandising teams on first cost goods and freight paperwork.
· Reconciles advance ship notices, bills of lading, routing, and verifies HTS codes on ocean shipping documents.
· Bachelor's degree in logistics, business management, or related field
· 3+ years international transportation experience required with experience from a retail or similar industry preferred
· Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to meet daily deadlines and follow through to completion
· Comprehensive knowledge of overseas industry and logistics as well as CTPAT policies and procedures
· Knowledge of analytics and strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Experience working with transport management systems and warehouse management software preferred
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with cross-functional teams at all levels
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
Shoe Carnival, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Big Brands. Big Opportunities. Big Fun.