Shoe Station has an immediate opening for a dynamic Graphic Designer to add to its already strong marketing team. We are looking for an energized, strategic thinking individual focused on helping to grow an already fun-loving brand based in our new headquarters (southern suburb of Charlotte, North Carolina). You must be a team collaborator with passion, insight, and ideation for Marketing.
This position will report to the corporate office on Monday through Thursday and work remotely on Friday from home.
The Graphic Designer develops creative and compelling print and digital advertising pieces to help support the Company's brand strategy.
· Designs and builds creative concepts that follow creative briefs and brand style guide.
· Designs and develops outreach print programs such as circulars, run of paper (ROP), direct mail, etc.
· Creates visually compelling assets for emails, social media, shoestation.com, and other digital needs.
· Collaborates with photographers to generate quality photography used in digital and print collateral.
· Works with merchandising team to understand vendor and outside parties' product direction on design initiatives or co-op projects.
· Ensures all creative is consistent, innovative, accurate, and meets all marketing requirements.
· Develops tone of voice and copy for Shoe Station brand.
· Simultaneously manages multiple projects with various time sensitive deadlines.
· Maintains an organized and detailed graphics library.
· Degree in Graphic Design or related field or 4+ years of commensurate experience.
· Must have a digital portfolio that demonstrates creative execution of recent work.
· Must be proficient with Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Microsoft office tools. Knowledge of Dreamweaver and After Effects is a plus.
· Must be proficient working with a Mac OS.
· Understanding of large format printing, e.g., larger SEG/Stretch Fabric graphics, preferred.
· Knowledge of photo editing, retouching.
· Strong self-initiative with the ability to identify areas of improvement with little direction.
· Ability to clearly and professionally communicate visual solutions to support marketing strategies.
· Possess a positive attitude and able to work in a collaborative and energetic team environment.
· Keen analysis and problem-solving skills.
· Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills to include listening, writing, and verbal.
· Knowledge and experience with User Experience Design principles including experience in developing detailed mockups, wireframes and user flows a plus.
· Strong understanding of web standard practices and user interface designs a plus.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
Shoe Carnival, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.