This position will report to our South Corporate office in Fort Mill, SC on Monday through Thursday and work remotely on Friday from home.
The Merchandise Location Planner facilitates the planning and timing of order delivery as well as quantities of product by store grade to meet category objectives.
· Creates Buy Plan by assigning style/colors to grades, determining average per store units and desired sell thru, setting sales uplift percentages for each item, determining the size curve parameters by store and allocating units.
· Creates initial ad strategy at style/color level and executes distributions for this strategy.
· Prioritizes ad Purchase Orders (PO), reviews the freight list ensuring all incoming pre-distributed PO distributions are correct, and is responsible for the final review and release of PO worksheets.
· Coordinates returns and recalls of product.
· Responsible for Model Stock set-up of metrics, dynamic seasonal, dynamic basic, ideal, comp store, size ranges and setting of the "Y" flag.
· Sets up the new store matrix with initial pair recommendations.
· Manages size integrity at the chain level for initial and replenishment orders.
· Re-runs distribution and final release of distribution prior to PO arrival.
· Bachelor's degree in relevant field and 2+ years' experience as an Allocation Analyst, or equivalent experience in retail planning, required.
· Comprehensive knowledge of retail systems, terms, and calculations (e.g. gross margins, open to buy, inventory turn, GMROI, etc.).
· Strong computer skills including a proven ability to create and maintain complex analytic reports.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel experience required.
· Strong understanding and familiarity with query and reporting tools like SCVL Apps, and a basic understanding other financial and assortment planning tools.
· Excellent verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas.
· Ability to create and present presentations to Corporate and Store management.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors at every level.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize.
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
· Highly flexible and adapts well to a rapidly changing environment.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following: