Immediate opportunity! Join our Store Planning and Development team at our Corporate Headquarters in Evansville, Indiana. This position will report to the corporate office on Monday through Thursday and work remotely on Friday from home.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for purchasing needs of the organization, excluding merchandise sold in stores. This position works closely with internal departments such as, Real Estate, Store Planning, Visual, Information Systems, Loss Prevention, the Distribution Center and Store Operations to procure goods and services for retail store and office locations.
· Leads efforts across the organization to identify cost reductions, implements strategies and process improvements to secure cost reductions, and tracks the achievement of cost reduction targets.
· Identifies, evaluates, selects, and negotiates with vendors, maximizing quality of purchased goods and services while controlling costs.
· Develops, designs and manages procurement programs including RFP/RFQ, bid, purchase order, requisition, or invoice processes.
· Manages commercial aspects of vendor relationships communicating regularly with vendors to resolve quality, shipping, or invoicing issues.
· Manages the relationship with sign vendor(s) in support of new or existing retail locations.
· Leads and directs the work of associates on the purchasing team.
· Assures department records and inventory levels are maintained and purchases are expedited when required. Maintains department records to include price histories and provides information on price variances.
· Aides in the preparation of budgets and updated projections involving new store construction and remodels.
· Verifies adherence to company policies and culture.
· Bachelor's degree or 5+ years' of commensurate experience required, retail experience preferred.
· Advanced understanding of internal controls to operate best-in-class procurement processes.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or other Enterprise Resource Planning system(s) with purchase order capabilities required.
· Demonstrated experience of achieving cost reductions.
· Ability to work as a team and build collaborative relationships.
· Ability to learn and obtain comprehensive knowledge of store planning and the company's concepts and principles.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel, and Outlook with proven ability to create and maintain complex spreadsheets.
· Ability to exercise attention to detail, multi-task, and prioritize to meet deadlines.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
Shoe Carnival, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.