Shoe Station has an immediate opening for a dynamic Staff Photographer to add to its already strong marketing team. We are looking for an energized, strategic thinking individual focused on helping to grow an already fun-loving brand based in our new headquarters (southern suburb of Charlotte, North Carolina). You must be a team collaborator with passion, insight, and ideation for Marketing.
This position will report to the corporate office on Monday through Thursday and work remotely on Friday from home.
The Staff Photographer is responsible for the production of Shoe Station omnichannel photography assets.
· Produces studio and environmental product photography assets for the Shoe Station omnichannel (social media, eCommerce, digital, in-store visuals, print, etc.).
· Works with the Design team in concept collaboration to ensure photography is aligned with project specifications.
· Develops campaign concepts, scouts locations, curates props, determines lighting concepts, develops inspiration boards, directs models on set, and all other needs as necessary to make lifestyle shoots come to life.
· Maintains a detailed product photography schedule and is able to prioritize shoots based on product arrivals and creative image needs.
· Prepares and styles all products in accordance with studio standards.
· Photographs all product consistently and with the utmost attention to detail.
· Responsible for sizing, naming, and color correcting of all shots.
· Utilizes digital asset management tool to name, save, and archive images and maintains master image archive in an organized manner.
· Maintains photo equipment and cleanliness of studio.
· Stays up-to-date on industry best practices, trends and new technologies.
· Degree in Photography or related field, or 2+ years of photography experience required.
· Must have a portfolio of recent work that demonstrates technical and creative photography skills.
· Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop required.
· Experience with difficult studio lighting situations preferred.
· Proficiency with Nikon preferred.
· Experience with Lightroom a plus.
· Excellent technical and creative problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Flexible, detail-oriented with a positive attitude. Must be comfortable and proactive with constructive feedback.
· Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Strong interest and ability to acquire and maintain knowledge of market and fashion trends.
· Good understanding of Microsoft Office products to include Outlook and Excel.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
Shoe Carnival, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.