Enjoy working on-site at Shoe Carnival's corporate office located in Evansville, Indiana!
The Tax Manager is responsible for all aspects of income tax reporting and compliance for the company including assisting with ASC740 income tax accounting, income tax compliance, examination management, tax credit management, property tax, sales/use tax, and special projects including tax policy research and implementation. They are a key member of the Chief Accounting Officer's leadership team, providing guidance to all team members, and are responsible for setting, assessing, and meeting departmental goals.
· Prepares and documents the quarterly and annual consolidated income tax provision calculations under ASC 740 including deferred tax positions, income tax payable and uncertain tax positions.
· Prepares financial statement disclosures in accordance with SEC and ASC 740 requirements.
· Oversees and works with outside service providers in the preparation of the Federal income tax return and supporting documentation.
· Oversees and works with outside service providers in the preparation of state and local tax compliance filings including income, property and franchise tax returns.
· Manages audits and examinations by external tax authorities to ensure that examinations are successfully resolved including assessment of proposed adjustments and negotiated settlements.
· Prepares quarterly estimated tax payments and year end extensions.
· Performs and/or oversees analysis and monthly reconciliation of all tax accounts, including deferred taxes, property taxes and sales/use tax.
· Reviews fixed asset depreciation calculations and maintains fixed assets tax basis necessary for annual tax return filings and income tax provision.
· Maintains and updates all tax notices.
· Prepares and reviews income tax return to book reconciliations by tax jurisdiction.
· Researches tax rate and regulatory changes including reporting the anticipated impact to senior management.
· Completes the registration with local and state authorities for new locations.
· Participates in the ongoing compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
· Discusses key elements of the Federal income tax return and income tax provision with senior leadership, including the CFO.
· Works with the financial planning and analysis team to forecast income taxes and other taxes.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required.
· CPA required.
· Minimum of five years of multi-state tax experience preferred.
· Extensive experience with and knowledge of the US Tax Code for corporations required.
· Extensive experience with and knowledge of US GAAP, and specifically ASC 740, required.
· Experience with properly functioning internal control environments and the related supporting documentation and testing required by Sarbanes-Oxley.
· Proven ability to analyze and apply technical literature and prepare technical memos.
· Experience with managing and/or performing audits required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and advanced Excel experience required.
· Proficiency with large scale accounting systems required, BI360 and Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) experience a plus.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following: