Coronavirus: Prioritizing you and our employees. Learn More
Distribution Center SUMMER ONLY Work Opportunity (MAY – JULY)
Hiring Immediately-- Your safety is important to us -- we follow CDC guidelines and have safety protocols in place to ensure a safe work environment!
Openings in the following:
1st Shift (7:00a-3:30p)
- Processing Clerks ($15.00/hour)
- Shipping/Receiving Clerks ($15.50/hour)
2nd Shift (3:30p-Midnight)
- Processing Clerks ($16.00/hour)
3rd Shift (Friday-Monday 7:30p-6:00a)
- Shipping/Receiving Clerks ($17.00/hour)
Our only Distribution Center is located in Evansville, Indiana and ships shoes to nearly 400 stores and millions of customers nationwide! A key component of our success, has been the people that work in our Stores, Distribution Center and Corporate office. This job can be a stepping stone to career opportunities throughout Shoe Carnival.
It's a physical job! If you have never worked in a warehouse environment before, you should understand that you will be on your feet for 90% - 95% of your shift. We try to make everyone comfortable by having a climate-controlled environment and relaxed dress code. Due to our large facility, working conditions could still affected by the seasons and weather.
Below are lists of some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during the course of the workday in each position:
The Processing Clerk helps fulfill customer orders and prepares product for store shipment.
Alternative Processing (AP):
· Resolves product discrepancies, such as price labels, case labels and any other product
· Sorts, scans, and packages accessories for shipment.
· Builds cardboard cartons, affixes labels, and prepares boxes for use in Tilt Tray.
· Unpacks cartons and places individual shoe boxes on powered conveyor.
· Scans and packs individual shoe boxes from Tilt Tray Sorter System into cartons by store location.
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk manually loads/unload merchandise.
· Loads merchandise from a conveyor onto semi-trailer for shipment.
· Sorts and stacks cases onto pallets or conveyor by reading case labels.
· Unloads merchandise from semi-trailers to a conveyor.
· Inspects cartons of merchandise for damages.
· Audits product content prior to unloading merchandise.
Regardless of your experience level, please be sure that you meet the following minimum requirements prior to starting your application:
Does this sound like you? Join our hardworking Distribution Center team to ship shoes to nearly 400 stores and millions of customers nationwide by submitting your application today.
Big Brands. Big Opportunities. Big Fun.